Sunday, September 11, 2016

The Rest of my Classes

         So this has been my official first week of classes. I know all my classes and I had an idea how its going to work out. The two remaining classes that I didn't have last week was Cinematic Storytelling and Humanities II. The other liberal course is actually a hybrid of in-class and online work. So how does that work? On Tuesday, it is in class discussion work while on Thursday, your work assignments are done online, having more freedom and resources to do homework. Right now, we have been reading online article and selected chapters on the Russian poet, Anna Akhmatova, who wore the experience under Stalin's power. Further on, we'll be looking into similar topic, as it combines but history and art together to express the time period itself.
            Then for Cinematic Storytelling, it is the longest class I have this semester, as it's a five to six hour in studio course, as we study the composition and process of storyboarding. I always had an interest in storyboarding, as it has a collaboration of comic and animation together. It is a tool for the animator, where they are able to plan and appreciate the composition layouts. And the first storyboard artist that we are looking at are by Hayao Miyazaki, one of the founders of Ghibi Studio. I'm both excited and nervous for this, and hoping to gain some knowledge from this course.
             I guess I can say that I have been stressing out already, mainly getting my Thesis together and organized. So far my first objective is to get the book narrative all organized before figuring out the art. But that doesn't mean I can't sketch for fun. If you even want to check what I been figuring out, the best place would be my instragram: @sadillustrations (yeah, don't ask I, I wasn't able to come up with something better).




No comments:

Post a Comment