Sunday, April 5, 2015

Anime Boston 2015

Happy Easter Everyone !!!            



  So yes, it is official part take at an convention based on inspiration artist, animator and so many more. From my first impression of this place, it is enormous and you can easily get lost in the walk ways when getting from place to place. Also you can get dazed and amazed by all the beautiful/ clever craftsmanship from the cosplayers, especially when they are dressed as your favorite character. Listing off my head, there were Pokemon, Soul eater, Naruto, Bleach, Five Night at Freddy's, Portal, Studio Ghibi characters, Disney characters (mainly Frozen), Kingdom Heart (Which I was extremely happy to see!!! I always thought of it as unpopular game), Attack on Titans, Anime related shows that I do not know of, Yugioh, Link & Zelda, Super Smash Bro, Marvel characters, and of course, dragons. Apparently there is a tradition for convention people to ask cosplayers to pose for them as well as whispering their name as they pass. That happened about 30-50 times we heard Yugioh as we walked around, probably because that was what one of my friends dressed up as this year. She had been to the Anime Boston Con for seven years so she was the big guide for all Saturday.
         Okay, the schedule for my three friends and I was this:

- 5-6 Waiting up between 5-6 for shower, food and preparation.
- 7:30 Taking the train to North Station and the Green line to the Mall.
- 8:30 Getting in line for registration and looking at the schedule.
- 9-11 Watching the AMV Encore Contest,  which is presentation of different music video based on different anime and created by finalizes. What was really cool was that we could vote on which we enjoyed for its listed category and announced in the ending event.
- 11-1  Finding an available table and then eat lunch.
- 2-4  We walked and shopped around the Artist Alley and the Merchant Market, both areas where fan art and anime related products to be purchased at. I got lost a couple time and I almost had to yell Yugioh!!
- 4-5 Waiting in line for the Masquerade, the last big event for the convention
- 6-10 The Masquerade itself, which is the place for entertainment and to lose your vocal cores. They would have a cat walk for submitted extreme cosplayers and then had people reacted skits (comedy or drama). What was really excited through it was that people from school performed a skit that was awarded and someone did an actually proposal!! Super Cute :3!!!  
- 11-11:30  Lastly the ride home, after finding the drivers' camera and new parking space  

       So here all pretty much pictures are of the exhibit and how big the event was today, just for the first time people thinking of going. This is pretty much what you will be walking through and waiting in line with. Also, make sure you can tolerance loud staff members because you will be dimmed down as a little child again. Then make sure you remember that you cannot back track all the time since they will close places off to keep the flow going.

















Then here are all the products that I bought for myself. First I got a free poster for this years theme anime convention, which was Mecha vs Kaiju. Then with shopping, I focused on two things that were in my mind during the convention: Supernatural and Kingdom Hearts. First I got a small holgram poster of a cute cheeky kingdom hearts poster, still it was the only one features Namine and how I would feel around the disney princess gang. Next I got a Supernatural print created by Lonia Liae (based on the signature) featuring Dean, Sam and Castial from the current season. Lastly I decided to get book 1 & 2 of this webcomic called Sfeer Theory by Alex Singer and Jayd Ait-kaci. I can't really explain the story in a paragraph but I can say that I love the style and comic work in the illustration, using the soft brush with the solid black shapes to the beautiful color pallet on each page. You can check out the story yourself for interesting characters and a progressive story.  

Overall, it was overwhelming and exciting event that I got to be a part of. I am sorry that my cousin wasn't able to come as he promise but I do hope to see him soon. Then I want to thank my friends for having me tag along the last minute because I enjoyed being there with you guys and probably no one else. As for next year or the comic con or even cosplaying, that would depend on money and timing itself. For now, I am happy to see how this community lives throughout this event. 

Again I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter or the nice beautiful sunday and wish me luck for tomorrow. Class registration, Yayy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment