Friday, May 29, 2015

Upcoming Events

         Soon far, the weather back home has been sunny and nice. I just hope it was nice in all the other places that my friends were residing this year. I do give them a shout out to stay safe and hope they talk to me soon.

          So far this summer, I am doing an internship this summer for my Junior/ Senior year requirement. Currently I am interning at the Stonington COMO Community Center, where I am assisting in their Marketing department. Mainly I have been creating posters, sign, flyers, as well as assisting in preparation for their upcoming fundraisers events. One of them is coming up next week is their Mad Hatter's event to celebrate their 70th Anniversary in a recreation of Wonderland. I do encourage people 21 & up to attend this fundraiser at the Velvet Mill, where they will provide a large amount of served food and beverages as well as interactive activity related to the theme. There is even a silent auction that with have great prizes to chooses from. Again I do encourage people in the area to check it out on the 6th of June and some of my sign work for the event (not including the flyer on the left). Be sure to wear a hat or "Alice in Wonderland" themed accessories.    

        I haven't come up with an ideas for art posters but I recently did a commission work for the Doug Walker's Art contest. Honestly I was enjoyable to do as I was able to returned to using acrylic and could create a poster inspired from Drew Struzan's artwork. With the combination of Struzan's layout and the technique used when creating the pulp fiction book cover. Also this was also one of the reason why I haven't posted yet on my blog once coming after evaluation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment